"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Blue bottle trees

 "The warmth of August had turned into a griddle where the days just lay there and sizzled." ...Sue Monk Kidd, the Secret Life of Bees

                                                

Howdy y'all, lets' meet at the blue bottle trees today!
 






I think they are so pretty!!---love cobalt blue!



So glad you made it, I'm going to take you over to see the Burns garden today, I like to go walk by there from time to time. There is a pretty garden.
 It will be SLOW walking for sure...walking through this humidity is like walking through a hot sauna. And even with the heat, you will see that I have on long sleeves and leggings--that is to keep the dang "skeeters" from biting me! I was sorry I had worn sandals as well--a pair of SOCKS would'be helped but I sure would've looked funny, (not that I care, ha ha) LOL. I also carry "skeeter spray" bug bite spray, camera batteries, tissues, and all manner of things in my big pocketbooks, LOL! On super hot walks I put ice cubes into a good sealing baggie with nice wet skin wipes, they stay ice cold and feel real good to swipe on my face, wrists, and neck. Try it in hot weather, it works.
Summer"Skeeters" and heat--just a fact of life here in the Holy City.

The pretty blue bottle trees sit in the lawn of this big house:
Today's "arm candy" LOL! Lots of my "marble" bracelets---yes, today I piled them on! ha ha


Here's the pretty Burns garden. See the fountain right there in the middle?

Here we are at the gate....it's a pretty one. Shall we go in?---well, not really, LOL!! We don't live here, but we can look at the garden through the fence. And we can make pictures! did you bring your camera?


I hadn't worn these dangly earrings in a long time, so I got them out too!--love the summery colors. You would never believe what I paid for these earrings, at a clearance sale! Any guesses?




The old building has neat architecture. Look at those big big stones!


The main reason we like to come here is this-----the four o' clocks! Look at them peeking through the fence at us! Friendly and curious little blossoms!



Look at those amazing TALL windows! I wonder what those look like inside?






Here's a pretty hot pink four o'clock.......stretching right out over the sidewalk! See the black furry caterpillar? 

We played with these when we were children. The older folks told us the black caterpillars signified a bad winter coming! Old wive's tales you think?






Here's a few pictures of the fountain that sits in the garden. It looks prettiest in the summer when the bright trumpet vine is in full bloom, and it tendrils and weaves above and behind it.

I have written about the Burns house and garden before. If you you are a new friend, you can guess what this building used to be, and what was mnaufactured over there in the back of the yard. LOL!
If you're curious, you can go into my archives to August 2016 and learn about that, LOL.

I'm so glad y'all came with us today! Now let's go find us a nice cool shady spot and buy some ice cold sweet tea!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my those rocks at the entrance are amazing, what a beautiful place and the fountain is to die for. You are brave to tackle the heat and the skitters:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you went toward evening. So the lights were on. They make everything much more dreamy.

    But aren't the biting insects worse, in the evening????

    Ahem... We are in the 70's today, and our weeks nights are to be in the 50's and 60's. ~big, big smile~

    But I know, you couldn't live any place else, than your hot south. Just like I can't live any place, that does not have 4 Seasons.

    Let's enjoy the "Fruits of Late Summer"
    πŸŒΌπŸŒ½πŸŒΌπŸŽπŸŒΌπŸ‰πŸŒΌπŸ…πŸŒΌπŸ†πŸŒΌπŸˆπŸŒΌπŸ‘πŸŒΌπŸ“πŸŒΌ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your walks! That first house is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful old house, architecture, gardens, fountain (love it). And you are like a beautiful garden as well...full of lovely colors and surprises! Now I must go check out your archives of August 2016 to find out what was manufactured there. My first guess is bricks. Or furniture. Let me go check.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this last night but couldn't comment...it kept reloading my page and my comment went away. SO...now I'll say $19.99! For the earrings! heehee! Love seeing the beautiful old homes, some are so HUGE! And always like to see what pretty jewelry you wear and your cute clothes. You put me to shame girlfriend. I have a blue and white striped top and jean capris on today and I went to the dept store close to me today and didn't buy anything! lol I guess I wasn't in the mood after all! But there was hardly anyone there. Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i use to have a bottle tree but one of the storms destroyed it. i used all different colored glass bottles, and now i miss it!! cute bracelets and nice pictures of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete