"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Sundown in the City

Let's all meet at that big pretty house with the white trim, and go look at Savannah when the moon is out!

Looks like Tansy and her friend are ready!


the sun is going down soon....and look!--there's a pretty "sun dog"!Look!--our carriage has arrived!








the Foley House is right next to Chippewa Square, where Forest Gump sat on his bench in the movie. The bench has since been relocated to a  museum. The Inn is lovely, full of ornate wood carvings, fringe and velvet, four poster beds, and many of the rooms have cozy fireplaces.

I've not done much researching Savannah history as I spend hours poring over Charleston history....but Savannah is a fascinating city full of amazing history and stories! I don't know about the buildings in these pictures, but I'm sure they have stories to tell.....









this was a night tour, perhaps tomorrow we will look at some sights in the daytime! Let's just meet at the pretty house with the white trim, see y'all there!

2 comments:

  1. Love strolling with you in the nighttime. I look forward to the history of Savannah as your are right, I'm sure those buildings do have their stories. Tansy and her friend have made themselves quite at home sitting on the ledge of the fence. That horse and carriage sure look romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous city...i so enjoy your photo choices

    ReplyDelete