"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Sunny Sunday


Some of my favorite times in Charleston are Sundays in the spring-time. This Sunday was one of those gorgeous days....brilliantly warm and sunny, with a cool breeze.

our azaleas are in rampant bloom!


The church bells are ringing, lots of people out enjoying a Sunday afternoon


Isn't this a pretty scene?
We had just ate yummy biscuits at Callies.....(previous post), so we didn't go in here





Pretty spring fashions!



Beautifully set Sunday table at Hall's Chop House


the Plantation Singers are here today

They sing the old Gullah spirituals....I love to listen to them!
you can learn about the Plantation Singers--click here:

the Plantation Singers


my seahorse pendant, seahorse charm, my Gypsy heart, tiny pearls and rainbow love beads!

Peeking into the courtyard at the William Aiken House:

Lovely, peaceful lawn and reflection pool. There are lots of weddings held here.



this fountain glitters like diamonds in the bright sun




A Sunday nap sounds REAL GOOD about now............

6 comments:

  1. Oh my so many pretty places...love the plants suspending on the wall going into the one place and the courtyard would make a perfect wedding backdrop and indeed the water looks like diamonds:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never get to see such an amazing view of Charleston, I have to say your spring is much different from mine at the moment, it’s a joy to see your photos, gives my snow weary eyes a much needed treat, thank you for that! I just started my new blog, I would love to have you visit, my profile photo will lead you there, enjoy that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, if I ever visit Charleston I'll feel like I already know the place. I could walk the streets and take in the sight and be like, hey, I've been here before! You take wonderful pictures that really give you a feel for the charming town. You live a beautiful area!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbi, So much to see and do there. I love it. I remember those handmade baskets. So nice. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You share loads of wonderful images here this day and I love every one. I think I'd enjoy Sunday in Charleston with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure can be proud of your city...it's so beautiful and fun to walk around! I'm over here looking for you though. Where are you this week? I hope you are ok my friend. Sending you lots of hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete