"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Summer reading

Our house is full of books and I can't imagine it any other way. I've always loved books, and nowadays I get to enjoy children's books all over again while reading to our granddaughter!
This is a fun counting book! We have the 10 little fairies  one as well!



i can tell this book is going to be fun, just look at that playful unicorn!
Another unicorn book:

What pretty pictures! and the purple unicorn is so cute!


I stock up on books for "ma-maw's library" to read to granddaughter when she is here. She loves finding new ones in the stack. Right now she especially enjoys mermaids, fairies, unicorns, princesses, ponies, and Barbies! I buy books and I also check out lots of books from the library.

this picture is from the "night in the country" book above. The kitty looks just like our cat. I haven't read this one to her yet.
This is a cute mermaid book, it is full of little pockets that have little treasures (little books, pictures, a crown, a necklace, a pink folded mermaid tail etc.) in them, and the book snaps shut so you don't lose the little trinkets.











I love children's books with beautiful colorful pictures to show her. This book has some really pretty pictures.







this is one of those fun books where you go searching for items!



These books that have the pictures that slide back and forth to make new pictures are so fun!




I read the Mary Alice Monroe and Dot Frank ones this summer and they were both fantastic! I'm now about halfway through Karen White's "Dreams of Falling". It is very very good!


has anyone read Lowcountry Bookshop?

My latest issue of Reminisce Extra surprised me with this nice article and pictures of the history of the Weeki Wachee mermaids!



this one was a present from a dear friend, looking forward to reading it!
I pretty much always have a tall stack of history books going as well, sometimes I read two or three at a time.

Love to dig into a nice big stack of magazines!
Got my new Southern Lady and HGTV too:



What books and magazines are you enjoying this summer?
And where is your favorite spot to settle down, relax, and read?

4 comments:

  1. I'll keep this post open for awhile. I need to write down some of these books to find. I would love to read the article on Weeki Wachee too! And of course I love children's books....the Mermaid books with the little pockets inside sounds perfect! I'm reading a lot of mysteries this summer...stretched out on the sofa in the lanai! (it's air conditioned! heehee) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my granddaughters went through all the types of book that your granddaughter loves too. There are so many wonderful books today for children and old ones that are classic. All of your adult books look interesting too. I have to admit that most of my book purchases now are from Goodwill and so rarely are current ones. Maybe some of your choices will show up there next year! I've cut back on magazines over the year but I still get Garden & Gun and Cottages & Bungalows. But I always splurge on UK magazines at Christmas and save them for years. It's been rainy here this morning, a perfect time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what a handful of wonderful books!! I love collecting children books and like you, have an over abundance of them. I've worked in a school district for 23 years and have always enjoyed when the book fair comes around. I have read to our boys when they were little and now with my grandsons. They'll pick out a favorite or two and we'll read them over and over again then when they leave I'll send it home with them. The last book I read while on vacation with my sister was 'The Beach House' What a wonderful read about rekindling relationships and finding love. A must read if you haven't already!
    I'm glad I came upon your blog!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some delightful ones! How I adore the illustrations!

    ReplyDelete