"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, July 24, 2017

Summer Reading

"One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by..." Jeannette Walls

How is everyone's summer reading coming along? Have y'all found any great books?




Loved this one!




This book was amazing, I loved it! Thank you, Mary Alice! This was the last in a series, and I truly loved them all.


Dot's newest was great too!




Has anyone read anything by this author?


I just love Eugenia Price! Would love to finish all hers! so many set in Savannah.


How about Cynthia Freeman? She wrote some GREAT novels! I love them all. I love her books set in the 1930s and 1940s era- big long generational novels you really get lost in.






I haven't read any of these yet. Have y'all read any of these?
Saw these books on the store bookshelf yesterday. I didn't know Holly Chamberlain had a new one out.....she's a great writer!


This book was great, I loved it!
Coastal Living






Coastal Living

Coastal Living

A dear friend sent me this big stack of books for my birthday--I can't wait to read them!



...and if we don't have enough BOOKS---just look at all the bright and colorful magazines we can enjoy! Do you see your favorites? I see Southern Lady,Garden and Gun, House Beautiful, and HGTV.
I also love Better Home and Gardens, Southern Living, Coastal Living, Veranda and many others.
Happy Reading, Y'all!

6 comments:

  1. Golly Gosh, Girlfriend!!

    (Channeling Ninny Threadgoode here): You bettah gitchoo some a that SPF-900 if you're gonna read all THOSE in the sunshine!!

    Wow, what a Summer trove! Made me think of my first real "stash" of books, which came all-in-a-flood in several big boxes when my Mother's cousin decided to give up all the ways of childhood. It was the Summer before third grade, and those great series and collections of all the Nancy Drew and Judy Bolton and Hardy Boys and ER BURROUGHS---I read the entire TARZAN series up a tree, hiding from Mother, who believed that reading was "wasting daylight," when you could be something useful, like whitewashing the garage or embroidering a pillowslip.

    And, OH, the Places You'll Go! Gifts galore, between the pages, and I and my Nook will hope to be matching you page for page. Lots and Lots of homekeeping necessary before I sit down except at night, though, although I DO confess a momentary lapse from time to time, especially when I last left REACHER or LONGMIRE in a tough spot.

    Enjoy, my faraway friend, and STAY KEWL.

    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. My post today was about a southern writer (whom I love). You'll have to check it out. I think I will have to find some of yours to read. They look very enticing... hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read and see a couple of authors I would like to try on your list. I've been reading mysteries...a bit rougher than I normally read so I'm not sure I would recommend them! lol The magazines are always so tempting until I look at the prices! Why do they cost as much as a book now? I would love a new Victoria magazine. Thanks for a wonderful post my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first summer that I have not had a summer book. There hasn't been the time and I am having some trouble with my eyes. The summer isn't over yet, and hopefully I will get back to reading soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you get through all of these, I bow down before you! that's a heap of reading! But they look good and diverse in subject. Don't you love reading in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the look and feel of books but i am not a reader. i do like magazines, for their short stories and decorating ideas, also for their recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete