"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Tansy in the Garden

 Tansy has invited us out to the garden today....



Pick a hat, any hat! Let's go!


after working in the garden, Tansy likes to sit and take a break in her chair
(you can tell she works so hard, her hair and make-up are perfect LOL)

Enjoying the sights and sounds of the garden. Birds sing and chatter, bees buzz about, dragonflies drift, butterflies float and flutter, chickens jabber and gossip, guineas holler, horses and donkeys snort, stomp, whinny, and bray, hummingbirds HUM, right? LOL







a "tansy sized" squash, LOL





Let's go see the "old Maids"! they are growing fast and are taller than Tansy now, LOL
so hard to get good pictures of these woodpeckers! And I love watching them.







"Sometimes, in summer, the world (our backyard) looks so glorious you expect animatronic Disney butterflies to appear...." Jill Herzig
(I love that saying!)





Busy in the kitchen now, cutting up fresh watermelon. "Tansy" does a great job, LOL.
 Our chickens and guineas LOVE WATERMELON. Especially if it's been in the icebox. They love that cold treat on these SWELTERING hot summer days. I call it their "popsicles". LOL

do you love or hate watermelon? Do you put salt on yours? 


Tansy is so happy we strolled about her lovely garden today!
Thanks to all who stopped by!
I shall try to come visit y'all later today!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, Can you tell me about the Barbie, how did you get started in taking her around for pics. I have a clown I did that with for a bit, just so I could tag a friend about where the clown went, cause she thought my clown was creepy! lol....As for the hummingbird pics, I use my Z6, Nikon to catch them. The cell just don't get it. Sometimes cell phones are totally great, and I do use mine a lot however, when trying to get pics like those birds, a professional camera comes in handy. I love my hats in the summer, and started to hang a rack in my bedroom to show them but I figured they were better stored in the containers I have them in to keep dust off them, esp my cowgirl head. Those straw hats are amazing for keeping the sun off the head and face. Sometimes when running around doing errands I will use a ball cap so I have a couple of them also. The heat has found us again here in TN. I have been staying in till later in the evening. Today, with heat index we are looking at over 100. Be safe, stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun debbie, your garden is so pretty and it looks like it is producing well. i love watermelon but i do not put salt on it. i cut it, cube it and we stick toothpicks in it. we love it and eat it all summer long!! i hope the summer is being good to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up thinking about you and wondering about your weather. It's rainy and windy here but only one small branch that I can see down in the back yard. I hope and pray you don't have any damage either. Love sweet Tansy. Got a baseball cap for me to wear? heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete