"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Enjoying Florida--Shopping for souvineers!

 Definitely one of my favorite things to do if on a trip or vacation, or exploring a new town......FIND SOUVINEERS! LOL

Junk store, souvineer shop, tourist shop....I love them all.

these are pretty!

I do collect these heavy clear glass things---I DID love the mermaid!---but was not so much looking for myself this trip.....I was looking for Fairy Granddaughter and her Mommy!

Lots of postcards, I got plenty! I always do--I love postcards. Normally I SEND THEM, but not this trip, we were just so busy.
in the 'old days' everyone SENT POSTCARDS when they went somewhere. I sure miss that. Now hardly anyone does. Sad.
I have saved mine over the years, I have well over a hundred in my box, I think. (not ones I bought, ones SENT to me) The bright shiny colorful 4x6 (or were they 5x7??) size cards used to arrive in your mailbox with a real hand-written message and real stamps and the fun part....seeing the POSTMARK from the city where they came from!
alligators----gee, looks just like HOME! ha ha LOL



these are always fun....I must've bought dozens of these over the years



lots of seashells, nice clean ones, and reasonable prices too





I bought a few magnets, for myself and daughter! we both love mermaids, so that is what I chose



this pretty dolphin lives out on the pier

Lively nightlights and lots of neon!




LOTS of dolphins to choose from. I, however, was looking for orcas!! Not a one to be found! ANYWHERE

lots of nice wall signs


Rocks!! I LOVE ROCKS!! Always stop to get a bag or two of these in any tourist place that has them! I love the smooth bright rocks!

yes, I brought a bunch home! LOL

gave up on finding orcas......thought this big mermaid would DO!! so purchased this for Fairy Granddaughter! (yes, she loved it!) LOL

here I am standing waaay up there, up on level TWO of this big souvenir store! LOL













Plenty of pretty lights brightening up the dark oceanside sky on this breezy spring night




also purchased other trinkets and doo-dads, pot holders, dishtowels, ankle bracelets, the rocks and postcards, other toys for Fairy Granddaughter.
 It was a real nice evening even though I was breaking in new summer sandals, and we 'bout walked our feet plum OFF!!  HAHA LOL

5 comments:

  1. I live at Palm Harbor right by Clearwater…five minutes…hope you had fun…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all the fun stuff you did on this trip! You really did enjoy the souvenir shops, etc. I love the mermaid! I am sure Fairy Granddaughter did too. So wonderful that you had such a great time. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how cute you are!!! Love catching up with you! We've been to Clearwater several years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA...I busted out laughing, I read rocks but I saw Jelly Beans! That is what they looked like to me. HAHA.....Looks like you are having a great time. I stopped buying gifts for others when I travel and a few yrs back I started getting me a rock from where I went so that I could paint on it and put it in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those trinkets. I used to live on the Gulf Coast down in Corpus Christi, funny how we decorated our home naturally while living down there

    ReplyDelete