"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, March 22, 2021

a day in the Forest

 



You are cordially invited to a walk (skip, dance, prance, bolt, scamper) through a cypress swamp forest with us!
It's a cool and sunny spring day, let's go!

Bushes heavy with the season's last camellias are in full bloom. My favorites are the RED ONES, oh how I love them! And I don't see too many red ones.


The beautiful pink/purple japanese  magnolias (tulip trees) have been blooming for a couple of weeks now, they won't be around too much longer.

into the swamp.............we go!!
Yes, the  movie "The Notebook" was filmed here:


Did you spot her in the picture above?--sweet little baby alligator snoozing in the sunshine!












neat bricks in the Butterfly House


love this butterfly chair!!






My doll Tracie in the blue checks and Fairy Granddaughter's doll Daisy in the tie-dye.


Love the reflections in the dark water

Azaleas of pink and white have burst into bloom







the Fairy Granddaughter knows the way!---let's follow her! LOL
Hundreds of velvety blooms litter the ground around the bushes:

Magnolia trees and Spanish moss sway in the spring breezes






one perfect, and perfectly beautiful, white iris

Swirls of vivid green water in this little pond







Look at all those cypress knees! Such odd looking things!

pretty gazebos, benches, and swings are scattered all over--very welcome as the path we hike takes about two hours.


and there are lots of pretty bridges!


"Ma-Maw----I see alligators!"






Fairy Granddaughter's doll jumps on and tames the gator! LOL








we enjoyed looking at the lily pads!










big turtle enjoying the cold water and the spring day










surely a forest princess lives here?




a splash of bright yellow--always nice in a swamp! LOL


It was a lovely day and I'm so glad you joined us!



"come back soon, y'all!"

8 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers found in the swamp, surprises me a little. The granddaughter to so sweet and know she loves her walks with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always more fun with a granddaughter along...oh and dollies! Love the swamp pics! And even the alligator! We sure know how to have a come time don't we? Spring Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never put swamps and flowers together! Beautiful!!!
    Best of all - an outing with your granddaughter! Love the pic of walking best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been working in the yard and decided it was time to rest, then I read your blog, now I am totally worn out after that hike. Beautiful and swampy looking. Nice and thanks for sharing and inviting us along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH HOw wonderful to see Fairy Granddaughter and her darling Daisy and you and your sweet Tracie! I am so happy they got to be together, and that you had such a lovely walk and exciting adventure together! Love seeing the camellias and azaleas and the alligators, as long as they stay where they belong! What a fun day you had. Thank you for sharing it with us. Lily Grace sends her love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your walk. I love the pond with the green swirls in it. And the Azalea picture right before the pine cone is my favorite. I might be apprehensive to walk with loose gators. LOL
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you got to spend time with FG in such an enchanted place! I love the picture of Tracie on the tree stump! xoxo

    ReplyDelete