"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, February 11, 2021

February so far

 How is everyone's February going?

Time seems to be going by very quickly, which is good....that means Spring is on the way.

"like sands in the hourglass.....so are the days of our lives....." (remember?) LOL!!
I have plenty of magazines to read this month:

and catalogues too. Here is one from the Vermont Country store:

they sell lots of fun old fashioned things!

......and a good book. I just started this one recently, so far it's good!


Rain slicked city streets


Neon lights and corner stores






in between raindrops one afternoon I took my Tracie out for a walk through an alley full of street art:



well, that was interesting!


































my arm candy that day, LOL

.....and my neck bow! ha ha

















Did a little shopping too!


Lots of these out to buy!

and FINALLY, lots of these available!! (not this time last year!)

this picture is for Jenny! LOL
This year's Holiday Barbie was on clearance:
and this was a big big tall Barbie!--like a few feet tall!





blue haired beauties
We bought garden things:


anyone remember Fresca? Gosh, I didn't know they made this anymore! I haven't seen it in ages. We drank this when we were kids, LOL Back then it came in glass bottles, ha ha

and here are glass bottles we do still buy! I don't drink alot of Coke, but when I crave one, one of these little ice cold bottles sure hits the spot! LOL So we keep a few in the ice box.
Hope your week is good so far!


7 comments:

  1. Well I can't believe it but this is one walk I didn't like. I didn't like the painting and it seemed a little run down. Of course you aren't out to please me but to enjoy yourself and I hope you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big coke drinker but every once in a while I crave one....and when I do I like it in a glass with ice. It taste so good when it is what I am wanting at the time. Being an artist I loved when places started painting and doing art on buildings. So neat. Oh my, you plant potato's? That is a lot of work. This old body does not do anything in the way of a food garden except tomato's in a bucket. That is it!!Yep, last yr coming up in March you could not find wipes or hand sanitizer. Just so happened I had a couple of bottles on hand which is a good thing, could not find alcohol to even make any. I have bottles made up now. Cookies.....should have gotten some at the store....or I will have to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been snowing every other day since February began, but I look to spring and have begun ordering my seeds for my summer gardens. Hope springs eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love ice cold Coke in the small green bottle! That takes me back to my childhood, and Mamaw's patio in Baton Rouge, with the white lace wrought iron furniture. All dressed up on Thanksgiving, we kids would eat out there ... turkey, cornbread dressing, giblet gravy, sweet potato casserole, brown and serve rolls, and a frosty Coke in a little green bottle! Such memories!

    Mamaw herself was HOOKED on Fresca until the end of her life. I'm sure she drank it when it was sweetened with cyclamates, which were banned in '69, after which they sweetened it with saccharine. Anyway she was never without her can of cold Fresca.

    LOVE the pirate book, matey! Grreeaaat find! I have several pirate books but one can always use more. AND I love your shades-of-green arm candy! Wonderful atmospheric photos of Charleston at night, and in the rain, and WOW that's some wild crazy street art. Never have I ever seen a giant Barbie ... Dagny would love that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your night pictures! And imagine you - planting potatoes in the city where they have alleys decorated with street art!! I do remember Fresca and - like you - didn't know it was still around! I'm glad you mentioned your scarf because I zoomed in on the first pic of you wearing it. You are always so cute and even your nails are polished. You must live in a populated city location to see so many different kinds of neighborhoods on your walks. Do you drive to different areas or simply walk out your front door?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that was quite the interesting walk! I know Tracie enjoyed seeing so many bright colors and pictures...and the blue haired dolls...and that beautiful Barbie! Oh, I can't believe you quoted that quote from "Days of Our Lives"...I actually thought of that exact same quote today before I ever saw your post. I don't know why it came to my mind (I never watched that soap), but for some reason those exact words came to my mind earlier today, and now I am seeing it here on your post. That is weird!!!! Great minds think alike!! Oh, my husband loves Fresca and drinks it every day. We buy the 12 pack of cans of Fresca, and that is his drink of choice once a day! It isn't always easy to find, but when we do we stock up. He prefers the cans so they don't go flat in the bottle. I enjoyed all of your pictures...your scarf and Tracie's pretty green velvet dress and headdress...I love it all. Lily Grace sends her love to you all. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. my february calendar looks just like yours with nothing written on it. nothing to do, no where to go!! i read HGTV and better homes and gardens magazines, i love both of them!!

    at times i enjoy seeing murals, some of this looked a little like graffiti!! i do not remember that you have a garden...did i know that???

    ReplyDelete