"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Tulip trees

About four or five weeks ago, the purple tulip trees started to bloom, so I headed out to make pictures!



My pictures were not great this year, but the trees were pretty!


I think these may be called "japanese magnolias" too?
Have y'all seen any good movies or series lately? We watched "Our Souls at Night" with Robert Redford and Jane Fonda. I loved this movie! Have you seen it?
Netflix
This one was pretty good too!:
It was "different" but still good! I have always liked Sissy Spacek. My favorite of all was her role as Loretta Lynn when she played Loretta in "Coal Miner's Daughter". (1980) I think Sissy got an Oscar for her performance. I always loved that song too! Grew up listening to Loretta, Patsy, Tammy, and Dolly.

Today we went out for a short walk, yesterday it poured the rain, 

but today was better for walking.
I wanted to show y'all my new "downton abbey hat". LOL!! So glad I ordered it, it fits perfect and is a perfect lightweight for spring, it has a big flower on the side but I don't think you can see it in the picture.
My Dad brought my Mom's green sweater to me after she passed away. Every time I wear it, it's like a hug from her.




I love how they put the bright Easter eggs on this gate! It's always so bright and cheery.


Love peeking inside at their beautiful garden!




"beads" today--a gold link necklace and a bunch of charms! There is an owl, a camera, some birthstone things, and a "teeny Genie" charm for little fairy granddaughter, and I'm not sure what all else! LOL

Charleston's old Society Hall
Fancy formal Debutante Balls were held here as young women were formally "presented" to Society, a very old tradition. Lots of Children in Charleston and many small towns across the South (usually about Middle School age) also still attend Cotillion, where they are taught basic manners, courtesy,  dining etiquette, and how to act and dress nicely while out in public. They are taught basic dancing and table manners, and practices for them are held here. We see them going up and down the steps to the building. The young boys are required to wear a nice dress shirt and tie and a dark blazer and the young ladies have to wear a pretty dress and white gloves.
the sign on top (hand planting a seed) is Latin for "future generations"

a nice sign on this door
..........and this little dolly is just hanging out on the corner, hoping to make somebody smile today!
Hope your week is going well and everybody is staying safe and strong and healthy.
In these difficult times, seeing some Easter eggs on a gate and a pretty garden really lifted my spirits.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed my walk with you and how sweet to have your little mother's sweater. I pray you're staying safe and not straying too far from home.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. our week is going very well and we are so comfortable at home!! plenty of food, plenty to do!! we are not allowed to leave our homes, we are not allowed to go for walks!! my blog is going to get very boring!!

    the last time we were out, the tulip magnolias were blooming and i got some pretty pictures. i will miss seeing all of the other trees!!

    i have seen "Our Souls at Night" and i loved it too!! Midway and 21 Bridges were both good, 1917 too...but those are movies we enjoyed, you may not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your walk and that hat is so YOU! Thank you for the movie recommendations......I am going to watch one of them today. It’s wonderful you have your mom’s sweater.....
    My favorite pics are always the ones with YOU in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the sweater being like a hug from your mom. I love that and understand completely. Lots of lovely blooms but I especially love the eggs hanging! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to go with you one your walks:) So glad you have the green sweater that was your Mom's and it brings you comfort. Love those old beautiful buildings. I have see "Our souls at night" but not sure about Get Low. Will check it out. That garden area was just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have happened upon your blog through another blogger ...such a fun time to look at your posts..thank you. I would love to be on our everyday excursions. So precious to have a sweater from your Mother. It looks cozy. Thank you and stay safe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps..I am a doll collector so I love your dollies and friends...but the gardens you come upon are fabulous..

      Delete