"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." ....Charles Dickens

Progress is being made on the big new Myrtle Beach attraction:  the Skywheel.

Stopped at the site for a few quick photos of just the base of it a few weeks back:
At completion, it will soar it's riders up to 200 feet into the sky, for incredible views of the beautiful blue Atlantic ocean.

It's being built on a base deck that is twenty feet off the ground, to offfer possible hurricane surge protection, and will be the largest wheel of ANY KIND east of the Mississippi River.

The nice climate controlled gondolas that will attach to the huge wheel will each seat about six people, and there will be one "V.I.P." gondola. Each ride is supposed to be about 8 to 12 minutes long, and the new attraction is scheduled to open in May of this year.
I think the cost to ride will be about $12.00 per person and I heard that there will be Senior discounts and also group discounts.
Looks like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment