"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

a Spring day in Beaufort

 Driving the country roads, going to Beaufort, for shopping, sightseeing and supper! LOL

Sun dappled woods and slushy swamps



ISN'T THIS TREE GORGEOUS!?





Snowy white azaleas peeking over the brick cemetery walls




an Inn getting ready to serve supper on the upper piazza

The stately mansion below was serving diners as well, on both upper and lower piazzas








fiery sunset



red rocking chairs to sit a spell in, and below, and old fashioned riding "horsie"

gosh, these used to be outside all the grocery markets. And if you were good, very very good while Mommy shopped, you would be rewarded with a ride when you came out. I haven't seen them in ages.....where have they all gone? Are there any left where you shop?

Below, after our own supper,  a drive along the waterfront homes:








this was an old abandoned building, but I think the picture turned out neat! Kind of smeared...



I love bottle trees!






Spanish moss gently swaying in the breeze

not a good picture, but there was a fluffy cat sitting there looking at me


Then we visited the thrift store!
Soon as I laid eyes on this table, I knew it belonged in our old house! 

It's old, and somewhat beat up, but that's the kind of stuff I love. It's old and was dirty and dusty, but we found the perfect spot for it. So glad to have found it!

in this picture you can see the top a bit better. Yes, it it cracked some. I love the curved legs
And at another thrift shop, I found THIS!:
I sure fell in love with it!






Also found these two really nice Eagle poster prints. Just have to purchase 2 frames, and they will look real nice I think. They are brand new.





found a couple of books too:




some of the various prints on my Easter dress last Sunday

We did get our red geraniums planted! yay!




I am slicing fresh lemons for a big glass of cold sweet tea, hope you'll join me?

so glad you stopped in to see me!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I had no idea that Beaufort was so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us. I enjoyed the ride around town with you and through the overhanging oaks with their moss swaying in the breeze. What a lovely place to visit! Love all the porches and especially that people are dining on them! Love all the rocking chairs, etc. Really beautiful! And that table is gorgeous! I love it! Have you thought about maybe painting it, or do you prefer it to stay in its natural wood look? That's the kind of table that Benton and Rose love to paint, or they did when they had Dixie Cottage, but they don't anymore. I love that blue and white pitcher too! Gorgeous! and your Easter dress was beautiful! Love the print! Where do you find such beautiful dresses? We don't have places to shop around here that are worth a hoot. I love the picture on the front of that book, "Relaxing on the Porch". Is it a novel or a devotional type book? Very pretty. And those lemons look so refreshing on that beautiful plate. Yes, I'd LOVE to have a glass of iced tea with lemon with you on your front porch. Please make mine unsweet, however! Thank you! This was delightful! Thank you for taking us along with you! I enjoyed the ride and visit very much. Blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore everything!! the red, white and blue rockers and the bottle tree are favorites!! i had a bottle tree, it blew over during a storm and all of the bottles broke. you asked to see more of my shells, i posted a few here:

    https://itsallaboutpurple-debbie.blogspot.com/2024/04/a-few-fun-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look good debbi, and i forgot about the old abandon building, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete