"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, April 4, 2024

April is here

 

Merry Happy April, Y'all!



john sloane calendar

john sloane country calendar

April kind of snuck in, didn't it?



Like they said in the old days, plant your "taters" during a full moon, so we did!









(and when the dogwoods bloom, it's time to plant corn. I saw dogwoods in bloom a few days ago)

the green beans are a few inches tall now


in the nursery kitchen garden, the baby squash, red peppers,  and maters are doing great so far



baby peppers

Lots of warm sunny days have arrived with Spring, and with them, lots of flowers

I love the purple spiderwort!

these little white wildflowers are all over. I thought they were some kind of anemone. Someone told me they were blackberry flowers. I still don't know exactly what they are. LOL


We have fields and patches of wildflowers all over.

our old pecan trees have finally budded out, and leaves have appeared. The pecan trees are the LAST THINGS to bud in the spring. Once THEY finally appear, we know it's finally REALLY spring. LOL

this might be our one crepe myrtle, not sure. It also buds out very late.




trees have burst into bloom:
the highways and byways are dotted with roadside wildflowers



brilliant azaleas are in full bloom everywhere



I took my dolls out to make pictures




(I just now realized that Tansy and I both wore blue shoes for Easter! ha ha LOL)
made some inside pictures of the dolls too

the day before Easter I spent in the kitchen:

I peeled alot of taters! LOL and I boiled and peeled and chopped alot of eggs.

and made tater salad and deviled eggs

Mr. Front Porch made us cheeseburgers
we had coconut cake for dessert on Easter

Easter Sunday arrived clear, sunny, and warm





heading to church!

after church we made pictures in the wildflower meadow and on the dirt road





Just weeds.......but I think they are so beautiful!


on both sides of this path are thousands of those little white flowers I posted up above. This is one of my most favorite paths to walk on

my spring kitchen towel

I made this card for Fairy Granddaughter:
and, as every year, I gave her an Easter dress for her doll. So far she's still playing with them some, but I know those days are fleeting! LOL. She still likes to dress her doll up in seasons/holidays and display her on her dresser.
I just loved the cute bunnies on her dress!

we got a surprise goodie box in the mailbox!

We spent a quiet and relaxing day at home all day, it was so peaceful. We planted lots of flowers. I was happy to get these bright red geraniums.
Hope y'all had a real nice Easter too.


**************************************************************

5 comments:

  1. OH< I LOVE This post! So full of Easter joy and beauty all around you! YOu live in such a beautiful place!! Love your dress and shoes and hat and wildflowers in the field! Love the dolls in their Easter dresses and outfits.! They look SO cute! Lily Grace sends her love to all of you!! Love that you are planting your taters and veggies! You could have a vegetable stand by the road this summer! LOL. I hope you have a lovely rest of your week. This was so wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh love your Easter dress Debbi, and your blue shoes and sweet gloves and John Romain wicker purse! And I'll have a slice of that coconut cake! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! Love your pretty Easter dress and blue shoes!
    Our pecan trees have budded and leafed out now. Spring has been beautiful! We are going to the ranch next Sunday and son Dean tells us the spring flowers are all blooming huge bouquets to welcome me back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blooms all over and so pretty. We have dogwood and redbud still in bloom but that will be the end of our blooming season. Just waiting till April 15 to put flowers out and in the ground. For about two weeks there I was having issues with what I thought was allergies but it turned out to be viral, that is what the doc said, and then I got knots behind my ear, viral! Pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fun post!! spring has really arrived for you with lots of pretty little flowers, but of course the purple ones are my favorites!! mr. cardinal is looking quite beautiful, you have some excellent images of him!! so i want to add a couple of things: if you wash the potatoes before you peel them, you can cook those skins/peelings, the cook up crisp and delicious. your potato salad and deviled eggs look delicious, burgers are the best food to have with them. your easter dress is so pretty and your garden is going to be awesome. i have not seen a straw purse in years but i remember having one!! (thanks for missing me)!!

    ReplyDelete