"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Valentines Day weekend

Bright hearts, wreaths, and banners decorated Charleston windows.



There were presents:
.........and Valentines.
I loved it, LOL. And Mr. Front Porch put us and all the dogs, as well as the kitty-cat, on it. 
............and with my current love of all things "Downton" right now.........
I gifted us with these coffee mugs!!!
My beautiful blue bracelet Mr. Front Porch gave me:
Is it just me....or does this even LOOK LIKE a "Downton" bracelet?! (very 1920s era look) Mr. Front Porch did GOOD

a little heart shaped cheesecake!
We went "out on the town" and had a delicious seafood supper! I demolished every bite for sure. Scallops and shrimp and all the goodies.

The next night we spotted the "Aurora", which was in port.
Oh my goodness.........she is BIG!!! Princess Anne christened her before her maiden journey, back in 2000. Unfortunately, after repeated tries, the champagne bottle she was using REFUSED to break, and bounced off into the sea. Some sea captains consider this to be a bad omen.
Long, AND tall. So tall. She had alot of floors, decks, windows. She has 935 cabins, I think I read.

She can take almost 2,000 passengers and is over 885 feet long.
She set sail the next day, headed to Bermuda.
We were out walking the next day. LOTS OF PEOPLE out and about:



"I'm learning!!"

see my vest?

if you get tired walking in Charleston---they will come get you!

These folks are waiting to eat at Jestine's. We love to eat there also.


And the Carolina jessamine was in full bloom for Valentines, I love it...so pretty. And it doesn't last long once it blooms....
Native to Honduras and Guatemala and Belize

Have y'all tried these? they ARE GOOD!
I think there are 3 flavors!
What's everybody reading? I just finished this:
It was really good. I would read this author again. I think she has only one other book out so far.
Hope y'all are having a lovely week so far!


6 comments:

  1. What a great post and yes, Mr. Front Porch knocked it out of the ballpark:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kadoos to Mr. Porch for his gifts for his lady! It looks like a very special Valentine's Day for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally lovely! You and Mr. FP are a very good match -- what a wonderful celebration. And Charleston is indeed a "love"ly city! You show it to its best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bracelet. Mr. FP did really good! Love the peeks you give us of Charleston, Debi. Looks like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many Thanks for the shared this informative and interesting post with me.
    callofdutynews|gamesweekly|fortnitenewsplus|slither|gta6

    ReplyDelete