"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Handsome Black Dog





The other day while out walking THIS gorgeous dog pranced into my life. The resemblance was uncanny. Yes, this pretty one was such a twin to my sweet Gypsy. 


I mean EVERYTHING, the eyes,the bushy swishy tail, the floppy silky ears, the velvet snout, the tongue, the TEETH, and even the paws. 
If I'd met this dog in the dark I might've sworn it was my Gypsy! LOL. There was ONE difference though......this dog has a patch of pure white on the chest. Oh and by the way.....THIS dog IS A BOY!! HA HA lol, and of course, Gypsy was a girl. He is ten years old, and just starting to get his silver muzzle, about when Gypsy got hers as well.
So the sweet lady was kind enough to stop and visit with us a bit. I told her how I had lost my Gypsy a little over a year ago, and she liked hearing how much her boy looked like our Gypsy. Anyone who has ever loved and lost a dog, will stop to visit and give their condolences, because they know how it feels. Anyway, the lady had such a lovely accent, so I asked her where she is from and she said France and I asked if she was visiting and she said that she had moved to Charleston about thirty years ago. She told me her dog's name was something that sounded like "Jamoo", (in our language). I took Spanish, not French. Any of my blog friends can translate for me??? Maybe it was something like "Jamoeux"?? I am not sure....I know zero French.
THIS is 100% a "Gypsy look" LOL--she gave it to me often. Ha Ha

.......and this.....this was 100% just like looking into my beautiful Gypsy's eyes just once more.
And you know what?? For the first time....I didn't break down really bad. There were tears in my eyes, but I wasn't crying hard. Thank you, sweet "Jamoo".
Isn't it funny how people (and their dogs too) can bring some joy into your life, so unexpectedly? I'm sure this dog's owner never dreamed that her and her pretty black dog would run into someone and bring them a little joy and a smile today...when she leashed him up and left her house. I hope we can all be like this, always hoping and praying that we bring joy to someone today. I want to be a blessing to someone every single day.
That's "Jamoo" above, and this is Gypsy:









(teaching Tammie the ropes here, she was in a harness AND A Gentle Lead!--She was a wild one! ha ha LOL)

7 comments:

  1. We hold the pets we lose so tight in our heart and these two could have been twins., I understand your pain in losing gypsy, we have experienced it a few times, bittersweet, price we pay for loving our pets,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were given such a sweet gift in meeting this Look Alike Blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There, Amazing how much those two dogs look alike. They could be brother and sister. I know how much you miss your Gypsy.... We do love our dogs, don't we?

    You asked how I was doing. I am doing REMARKABLY well. It will be a week tomorrow since my surgery --and things are doing SO well.... Thanks so much for asking.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. you had good, happy tears, right??...for all the wonderful memories she brought to you!! they are like our family and it is amazing how much they looked a like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful dog! And I know your Gypsy got just as much attention when she walked around town with you. What nice memories you have and so many great photos to look back at! It's too hot to walk tonight...boy! I sure hate to admit that! I'm going to have cabin fever for a very long time! heehee! Enjoy your evening! Should we plan a midnight stroll? lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete