"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, April 3, 2017

Rutledge House on a Spring Evening

Walked past the John Rutledge house the other evening and had to tarry awhile to make the pictures of the pretty flowers.



The ornamental iron work is so elegant, and there is a curved staircase on both sides of the piazza.





There is a teensy skinny space in between that front fencing and the front of the house. Someone has to squeeze and shimmy in between there to plant these pretty flowers. Barely room to turn around.

so from the street it looks like this:

Is that purple flower gorgeous or what!?

10 comments:

  1. That ironwork is beautiful! How much time and energy must have gone into making it. That purple poppy is a knockout. Tried growing some but was disappointed when they turned out to be the plain old red ones. Enjoy your Spring!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. It DOES look romantic and so well taken care of. Like someone works full time keeping it tidy! Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbi: Everything there is SO beautiful! I love those sweet little flowers of the Lady Banks Rose. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful, Debbi! I hope we start seeing more flowers like that here too.

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful home and the flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen the Rutledge House ---and do remember the gorgeous landscaping no matter which season we visit there... Spring at the Rutledge is totally AMAZING. Thanks for sharing that beauty for us.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lordy Mercy...what a lovely house...I love the sweeping steps..the delicious color of the ironwork and all the beautiful flowers...love your fabulous picture-taking, too...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, comment disappeared, will try again.

    I guess people in your beautiful city expect pictures to be taken even of private homes and I wonder if this is one? I've read in other places that people get very upset at strangers taking photos from the street, suspecting they are up to some nefarious purpose.

    I'm so glad that you can give us glimpses into the gardens and homes here!

    ReplyDelete