"Saturday in the Park, I think it was the 4th of July"
...................Chicago 1972
Anyone else remember this old hit song? I remember it on the radio all that summer, I think I had the 45. Remember 45's?! LOL
Our very first 4th of July!
"we had fun!"
| Peggie |
| Betsie my new pin: a hot, HOT day and Callie still walked the farm with us! John Sloane Country Calendar a big bowl of tater peels: turns into this..... |
| a big boiling kettle of "taters" |
| Dukes, of course.....southern ladies wouldn't use anything else. ha ha LOL and plenty of diced up eggs, many thanks to our lovely laying ladies |
Finally, the finished product:
The ladies enjoying the 4th of July too:
sure helps them beat the heat. Ours are not ready to harvest yet......so buying at the market until they are ready
Come take a walk around with us!
I have only TWO Old Maid blooms!! ha ha LOL. Don't know what happened, we have re-seeded and see what comes up this time. LOL
my miniature red roses are blooming again:
Hope your 4th of July weekend was safe and fun!
Come take a walk around with us!
my miniature red roses are blooming again:
one of our beautiful fluffy hens:
| the Magnolias around the area are pretty much finished by now.......only a few still hanging on below: harvesting more parsley |
Hope your 4th of July weekend was safe and fun!
OH, I LOVED your photos! So wonderful to see your smiling face. And I love your pin, so pretty!! The chickens looks fluggy and happy, and your yard is so pretty. Blackie sends Callie his love. I'm sure they'd love each other. LOL. That 'tater salad sure looks yummy, also your eggs. I made some deviled eggs too. They are always a big favorite around here. Try to stay cool if you can. But, it is July! And yes, I remember that song!!! Love it.
ReplyDeleteour forth of july was very quiet. we had a lot of rain that weekend and on the 4th so we stayed home. you look great debbi, so patriotic. red white and blue suits you well the potato salad and the deviled eggs look very yummy...nothing better then homemade!! i use hellmans, but i here they are about equal!! i am jealous of the eggs, i really wish i had chickens. we are melting here, in the middle of another heat wave, 104 degrees today. i might go for a swim but it does not cool me off enough and my head gets "zing-bats"!!! try and stay cool, i watered the garden already but i may have to do it again!!
ReplyDeleteooooh man...i hope i can get that song OUT of my head!! have a great weekend!!
DeleteHi Debbi! Our Fourth of July weekend was HOT as blazes and I didn't go outside much! The grands splashed around in the pool and TG treated them to front-yard fireworks. Everything at your place looks to be bursting with abundance! God is so good. xoxo ♥️🏴☠️
ReplyDelete