"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

maters

 

Not quite time yet for our maters this summer yet but...........

Last summer

it was time for one of my favorites.....fried green "maters"!

Lets go PICK 'EM!





wash, slice, dredge in cornmeal, and fry in a blistering hot skillet!!!




First fried green maters of the summer.........yum!!

MERCY.....I could eat these every single day! Was raised on 'em!

Breakfast, dinner, or supper, they go with everything! LOL

Hope your week has started off great and you're happy and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Those fried green 'maters' sure look good! Do you mix anything with the cornmeal? Egg? Just wondering. I've never made them before, but I do like them. We didn't get very many big tomatoes this year, and they are pretty well done now. It's just been too hot for tomatoes to grow! (and dry) . My garden didn't do so well, but it was fun trying. Now I'm waiting for that new batch of zinnias to get big! (Old Maids!). I am headed to the eye dr. today to discuss cataract surgery. I will let you know what is decided. Praying the thunderstorms wait until we get back home before they hit. Our eye surgeon is about an hour + away. Hope you are having a wonderful day! Lily Grace sends her love to Tracie and Amybelle and Tansy and all of you!

    ReplyDelete