"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Merry Zinnia Summer

the Thanksgiving greetings had been mailed......and the holiday arrived..

 

my little Pilgrim people I've had for years and years



It was a Merry Thanksgiving!
and I hope yours was as well.

Oh, so grateful, for so many blessings!
Enjoying a few last blooms the Sunday before Thanksgiving.













We kept it so simple this year! ----Meat (ham and turkey), a big big salad, and rolls.
 Oh, and Mr. Front Porch had one of those big sweet taters he grew this summer. It was smothered in butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar.



I made a big glass punch bowl of salad.  Three or four kinds of lettuces, nuts, cheese, peppers, croutons, salad crunchies, "maters", onions, mushrooms. Here it is all placed in the bowl.

then the fun part, mixing it all up! LOL





Turkey breast and those good Sister Schubert rolls!



Spiral ham, pecan pie, and coconut pie.
We also had our big annual Thanksgiving supper at church, we so enjoyed that and all the good food! I got so busy eating and visiting, I forgot to make pictures!

Good-bye to my Old Maids


Summer went by fast, and this was one of my favorite parts:



Mr. Front Porch  made me these flower boxes:

filled them with Old Maids and Four O Clocks

little baby Old Maids coming up!




I LOVED watching them grow all summer!



This was a hot summer day! And I have my "skeeter" shirt on! LOL








Every day, there were new colors to photograph!



There were so many blooms. We grew them in other flower beds as well.











I picked bouquets all summer long. And they LASTED so well in water vases!





There were so many different types of blooms!
the Old Maids were the most photographed garden blossoms all Summer.
And now here it is December already!

Good-bye summer and Fall, and lemonade! LOL Welcome Winter!
Time to put away my Fall necklaces. These are very special as my Mom gave both of them to me.

Every September 1st, I would call her or she would call me. The conversation always went like this: "did you remember to get your leaf out yet?  It's September, time to wear our leaves now until Fall is over!" And so we did...... For many many years.

excuse the glitter dust, I've been getting out Christmas ornaments! LOL

This is our last "punkin" of the year. Tomorrow it will be chopped open, and the hens will enjoy a big feast!

Have a merry week y'all!









4 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE seeing all of your beautiful summer/fall flowers...you did have quite a lovely garden! I am so happy for you to have such a beautiful place to grow gardens and enjoy the produce of all, whether it be vegetables or flowers...what a blessing to grow your own! You look wonderful. I love your leaf necklaces. And the sweet memory of sharing that leaf necklace with your mother each year...that is priceless. I do miss my phone calls with my mother. We'd talk every Saturday morning for years and years...it was the highlight of my week. I miss hearing her voice so much. Thank you for the beautiful Thanksgiving card! it was the only one we received...although I must say I only sent out one this year, to our "kids" in Maine. I did get a text from our grandson wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving, but a phone call would have been so nice. Oh well...put these things in God's hands...He will take care of it in His time, right? Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds/looks so good! Ours was wonderful too, just TOO much food. I think I want to do something simpler for Christmas dinner. But I think we are having Ham. Not sure what else yet. Okay, enough, Love you and have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. debbi, your garden is much bigger than i had imagined...it's wonderful to see you frolic about in it!! your "we didn't do much" thanksgiving was so much!! i don't think i have ever seen a salad with so many wonderful ingredients.

    i enjoy having fresh cut flowers in the house at all times, yours grew really beautifully. mailing greeting cards for thanksgiving, that's so thoughtful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww your leaf necklaces are so purty! And what great pics of you with the sunflowers! All of your flowers are gorgeous and WOW what a wonderful salad you had with that juicy ham! I've asked Erica about the lipstick color but she was feeding Elliot so she will look later and I will let you know! She thinks it's by MAC ... meanwhile check out Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Bombshell Red ... it's my go-to because it's a perfect blue-red without being too loud. Happy Christmas Season! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and here is the link to the Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Casserole ... fantastic dish! https://www.themagicalslowcooker.com/slow-cooker-baked-potato-casserole/

    ReplyDelete