"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving is here!

 

my golden leaf necklace my Mother gave me long  long ago. Every year around the first week of September, one of us would call the other and say "it's almost Fall, is it time to get our Fall leaf necklaces out and wear them yet?"


I got these books about the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving for Fairy Granddaughter. Hope that she likes them and likes learning about history. Two of the books had such big colorful picture pages, I'm sharing them here, maybe you will like them too.



















see how beautiful and colorful the illustrations are?




























Tansy showing off her Fall dress:
Tracie loves her sunflower dress! Here she is ready to serve up the sweet tea for Thanksgiving!
and here's Amybelle in her Fall outfit:




I have a big stack of magazines I hope to get to this weekend:



Our church had the annual Thanksgiving supper this week. Sure enjoyed it as you can see from my heaping plate here! ha ha LOL. There were loooong tables of food, and loooong tables of just desserts too.



Our Fall has been very nice and hope yours was as well. Truly we are so so thankful for all our many blessings from God. Happy happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the Holiday weekend!
Eat, drink, and be merry, and don't forget the annual big Macy's parade!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. Wonderful pictures. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures, and you look so beautiful in your pretty fall dress with that lovely "leaf" necklace from your mother. that is so beautiful. Love those books, and i hope Fairy Granddaughter will enjoy them. I think I would enjoy them too! Sadly, we had to cancel our Thanksgiving feast today because I got sick with a bad case of sinusitis w/fever/chills/aches, etc. I had a covid test and it was negative, but I am just too miserable to to think about cooking, etc. Rose and Benton are going ahead and cooking the turkey, etc. and will bring some over to us today. My sister and her family had to make last minute plans when I called her yesterday to tell her not to come. They found everything they need at Costco...they live in the city and have lots of options, so they will be fine, but still it's not the same. I did have a wonderful visit with my brother on Tuesday, thankfully before I got so sick. My throat was a little scratchy but I felt fine and I have allergies that often do that, so I went ahead and met them. I started getting sick later that day after they left. I hope they don't get sick, but I am glad we had a good visit because it's been almost 3 years since we've been together. I hope you have a blessed a beautiful day. I am so glad you found a church that also had a Thanksgiving dinner for you to enjoy and meet people! I know you are going to be happy there in your new little country home and town. Have a blessed and beautiful day my friend. Love you. Oh, Tracie, Amybelle, and Tansy all look lovely too, in their pretty fall dresses. Lily Grace is enjoying playing with her new bear friends. We still haven't come up with appropriate names for them. Love you lots. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeks, my comment vanished! Your mother and daughter leaf necklace is so pretty and must be a real treasure for you. I'm going to write down the names of your Thanksgiving books for my own little granddaughter. Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day, Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun thanksgiving post!! you look so pretty and so happy out in the country. wishing you a late happy thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You shared a beautiful memory of the leaf necklace....and now I'm crying again. You know it doesn't take much for the tears to flow. We are both sensitive, aren't we? Love the children's books. They are fun to sit down and read at any age. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog today. They mean the world to me. I'm glad we are friends. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete