"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, July 6, 2022

it was the 4th of july!

 It was the 4th of July!

Our adventures took us to the city streets, and then to the beach, then to our own backyard, where Mr. Front porch grilled us steaks, cheeseburgers, AND HOT DOGS too. I fried "taters"!






Tracie and Amybelle all festive for the big day!

Our streets were full of people, all weekend!




love that pretty pink long dress there in the middle!



the carriages and the bike taxis were full and busy all weekend!

pretty columns

Outdoor tables stayed full and busy!


this lady reminds me so much of Dot Frank! Usually this time of year, on hot summer nights,  those of us who loved her would be deep into her newest summer novel set in the Lowcountry. She is very missed.




Lots of people out enjoying the city, despite the heat! And IT WAS HOT! The family below were posing nicely for a family portrait.

This lady got into the spirit of things!











there were summer thundershowers nearly every day this week. I liked this picture of water beads on our clothesline!

after church on Sunday, Mr. Front Porch said "want to drive out to the beach?" OF COURSE I said yes!


the marshes are such a pretty green this time of year







There's a band playing at the Washout









There was a beautiful sunset!




Tammie and Bindie lead the way!!
" let's go girls!!" (Shania Twain)
modeling their new summer dresses! LOL



lots of folks out enjoying this hot summer day




OH my gosh....it was HOT AND HUMID AND MUGGY!! and the wind was blowing so hard! Good thing for the breezes though or it would've been too hot to be out walking. I was so glad to have my cold root beer with vanilla! I brought along ice cold sweet tea too, of course. LOL

This man is pouring water over his head!!



kids playing in the salty waves





Bindie gazing at the huge ocean










sea oats rustling in the wind



Folly Beach nightlife at sunset






and...............a stop at the grocery, where lots of festive holiday things were waiting on customers






Fireworks, shiny balloons, and bright and cheery produce!


Peppers and "maters" and watermelons, oh my!


Flags greet the city on the 4th of July



We are out for a walk, enjoying the sights such as these:

ornate windows, gates, and fluffy crepe myrtles in full summer bloom......


.....and little signs attached to vines on walls and fences.








what a pretty and fancy door!




Anyone remember----?
"Saturday in the park, I think it was the 4th of July....."
....................Chicago 1972



I made pictures of our red/white/and blue pinwheel at the beach, now I wanted some here in the city, so we made a few.





vibrant summer blooms spilling over these windowboxes


pastel houses and pretty trees








what are these hot pink velvety looking flowers, anyone know?



flags and flowers against old old bricks




crepe myrtles........splashes of color all over!




one of my favorite old iron fences in the city


and the gate!---love it!










big TALL house!






I love seeing the old marble steps!



















fiery red door, perfect for the 4th of July

so glad you came to celebrate the holiday here with us, and hope you enjoyed the places we took you!
It was then time to enjoy tv in an air conditioned house...... and grilled supper!

Barefoot Tansy, enjoying a sizzling hot summer day!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! So many beautiful pictures, I don't where to begin! I loved them all...the beach, the sunsets, the flowers, the people,the flags, YOU and your doggies, and of course our girls, Tracie and Amybelle and Tansy, all decked out in their special red white and blue outfits! So sweet!!! I'm so glad they got to enjoy the holiday as well!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and great feast too! I loved your red white and blue outfit too!! You look SO festive and fun. Would be so much fun to walk those streets with you sometime, so you can show me all your favorite places in person! I love the old iron fences and gates, and windows and porches! So much to see...it is sensory overload!! Thank you for sharing it all with us!! What a great holiday you had!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Tansy always have the cutest outfit for whatever outing! You sure had fun and saw lots of neat things! I love being at the beach but we'll have to wait awhile for better weather. You've given me my new word....muggy! That's what it is here! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cockscomb. What a fabulous Fourth, and such a gorgeous Tour Guide! Hope all is well and happy with you---we're still just rolling along, staying home except for groceries, etc. once a week or so---I still mask and glove, then hit the stairs shucking off clothes heading for the shower when I get through the back door. Could you go to a Shag Dance sometime and post pics of those lovely people? I've grown addicted, and can name names of all the best dancers on YouTube. Some of them I've watched grow up and marveled at their progress and proficiency. Stay well, Faraway Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure was a hot one! Your hair looks so cute! Now I'll be singing "Let's Go Girls" and "Saturday in the Park" for the rest of the night, haahahaa! Great songs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOw bizarre. You've been blogging all this time but not showing up on any of my feeds. I just signed up a different way. I'm sorry I've been MIA -- I thought YOU were!

    ReplyDelete