"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Daffodills

 

"The Spring came suddenly,
bursting upon the world
as a child bursts into a room,
with a laugh and a shout
and hands full of flowers."
      .......Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Heading out in search of daffodills!


It's a beautiful and slightly chilly evening, just enough for a hat and a shawl. "Sweater weather"--one of my favorite times of year.











the old church has been freshly painted



Today's "arm candy" is bright! LOL






yellow.......but not daffodills..........







yellow.........but still not daffodills!



I love to study all the old bricks in our city.

lights glowing in the churchhouse

.......and also sparkling in the floral shop window.

Finally!--we found them! A nice sea of "daffydills".















Happy weekend, everybody!

7 comments:

  1. You look pretty in that black hat and glad you found some daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if that vine is yellow Jessamine...it's in full bloom here. I love the girls colorful outfits and jewelry! Looks like a fun time was had by all! We haven't needed sweaters down here this week...very warm! Love all of the pretty signs of Spring! Sweet hugs, Diane and Florida dollies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi, It is all so pretty. Love your city. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such beautiful flowers and daffodils!! We don't have those here, so it is always a treat to see them! I'm so glad that Tracie and Amybelle got to see them too! You look so lovely in your hat and shawl/sweater? It's beautiful!! And the girls are so sweet and cute in their outfits! I'm so glad you were able to be out and about and enjoy a beautiful evening stroll!! It's quite warm here today...80's! Too soon for me...I want springtime before summer! Thank you for this lovely post. I hope you are feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daffodils are almost gone here. We had a lot around and trees blooming when we got snow the other day. Still waiting on other things to bloom now. Won't be long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! The girls look so festive, with their adorable tights and bright arm candy! Daffodils are so brave -- often standing tall and resplendent during freezing nights, only to flutter sweetly again the next day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so glad i came too!! i just love that old brick and of course, the daffodils!! ours are just starting to open here!!

    ReplyDelete