"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Sunny Mothers day

 Welcome, May!! My favorite month!


I wore my Ma-Maw's ring:
and my Mother's pearls, and my white corsage. White because my Mother is now in Heaven. I miss the days of wearing my red corsages for sure.
It was a beautiful and sunny day! Lots of people out enjoying the sunshine and the fresh air!
The horses and carriages and wagons were kept busy all day.




Kids can't resist a sparkling fountain on a warm day!


Going for a walk after church let out:







love this pretty garden! And their pretty hydrangeas!




Not sure if it's true, but I've read this is "the most photographed doorway in America".








pots of pretty flowers adorn doorsteps

and here a bright Mothers Day greeting floats and twirls in the breeze



I always like to stop and look at the different colors and textures on this old wall

my church shoes hurt, so I quickly ran and changed my shoes! LOL! Awww--that's better.







so many pretty old gates to study!


one of my favorite Charleston horses!






The scent of Confederate Jasmine is heavy in the spring air. The dainty white blossoms twist and twirl around posts and trees and tumble over gates and walls. It's all up and down this alley.



I don't know what this flower is.....but it's pretty!
Anyone know what it is??


Hot pink flowers guard doorways and old old bricks begin to warm up in the May sunshine





what a cute old fashioned dress! Love it!

and she had fluffy crinolines under it!







oh I love this lime green and white together!


someone got a nice surprise on this doorstep!

After lunch, we took a drive out to the country to enjoy some peaceful country scenes.





Bindie kept looking over at the left, there was a pond over there, but with that sign above there, we didn't walk over that way! LOL



Tammie and Bindie were glad to get out and stretch their legs! And sniff around.



I had a delicious steak and shrimp supper. I dug in so FAST I forgot to take pictures! But I DID remember to grab a picture of my Mother's Day cheesecake dessert!:



It's that good Biltmore House Vanilla Cheesecake and oh my goodness....it's DELICIOUS! Worth the splurge if you like cheesecake.

Isn't this plate pretty? I picked these up at WalMart a few weeks back. They are Pioneer Woman and so bright and pretty and guess what?---they are plastic! Yay!--they won't break. LOL. Great for picnics.



And last week I picked up this bowl set and for a really reasonable price, (some of her brand seems high priced to me) there are three very nice bowls and they have lids too. I love them.




The bowls are big and strong and colorful. 
We got two hibiscus bushes at Lowes last week and they are blooming like crazy, I enjoy them so much! We get one or two HUGE BLOOMS each day on each bush. They are so pretty, I've wanted some hibiscus for a long time now.


Mr. Front Porch gave me a lovely book for Mothers day and I got alot of sweet greetings and messages, and even a few pretty cards in the mail from friends. I also ordered a book I wanted, so I got two books. And one more present that will arrive this week.
It was a lovely day and I hope yours was as well, and that your week is going great so far. We are getting some rain here now, which is so good for our garden!





8 comments:

  1. WOW...what a long post. Storing up all that info for us, I see! I totally forgot about wearing flowers on Mothers Day. Not done that is way too many years. The furs and I vegged all day, it was a RAINY day so we laid around and watched movies. Why would that door be the most photographed? Its pretty but add some amazing color to it and it would be amazing! Loving the gates. Looks like you have enjoyed your time out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful picture and didn't you look pretty in all the different outfits but especially the blue one. I can see why that would be the most photographed doorway, it is indeed outstanding. Glad you had a good Mother's day and am sure the dogs were happy to join you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi your day sounds absolutely idyllic. I am so glad. I've got to get me some of those PW bowls with lids. I think that everything PW is beautiful. Makes me want to just buy it all. The Confederate Jasmine sends me into a swoon! To see it and to smell it is so charming. Speaking of charming, you looked awfully cute on Mother's Day -- as usual. I love that you wore your grandmother's ring and your mother's pearls, and a white corsage. I did not wear flowers but I thought, if I were wearing a corsage, it would have to be white this year. It made me sad. I did wear my mother's diamond earrings, a necklace that I had given her which she loved, and two rings and a bracelet which were gifts from her. I felt like I had it covered. Your steak and shrimp supper sounds divine and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I will have to try one of those cheesecakes! Hope you're enjoying this cool rainy day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Mother's Day!!! And you looked so pretty in your church outfit and on your walk. LOVE that blue on you!!! You see such amazing things.....Some day I would love to visit your area and we could go for one of your famous walks together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a beautiful Mother's day! Love to see the walks you take...and so many lovely flowers and houses and hats and pretty dresses! I love that girls pretty dress with the crinolines underneath! Now that is refreshing to see make a comeback! You look so pretty too with your pretty flowered dress and hat! I think if I lived there I would wear hats too. You just don't see them much here. People would look at me strangely, like they do when they see me carrying around Lily Grace. LOL. Thank you for sharing your lovely day with us. That cheesecake looks divine! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbi -- slowly catching up. You look so darned pretty in your Mother's day outfit (and bonnet). (I'm sure church wouldn't mind if you wore those comfy shoes -- they look great with your outfit!)

    I always enjoy your walks through town. It's looking very pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad you had a nice mothers day debbi, you sure do deserve it and you look great!! that door deserves to be the most photographed door, i do not know what that flower is and i really like the pioneer woman's dishes, i have her egg holder!!

    the hibiscus flowers are really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful Mother's Day post. Sorry to be late commenting. You look so pretty in your dresses. I love dresses and skirts.

    ReplyDelete