"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, January 14, 2019

January Window shopping

On New Years Day we always go to look at the ocean and walk on the beach
It wasn't very COLD, but it sure was windy!
the girls love to go, they love to walk on the sand and see the "big water"!

Tammie doing a trick!




the first sunset of 2019
Decor at Folly Beach:









I love them best with fried "taters" and  corn bread!
The night before, New Years Eve, Mr. Front Porch made me up a bunch of these frosty ice cold shrimp I love so much, a big grilled steak and a baked "tater". It was delicious!
....and then one warm evening, we went window shopping:
some pretty art

treasures in a box


definetly a "debbigypsy" blouse, right!?

a pretty kimono over a hot pink outfit

Here I am in my teal sweater


I love these Charleston pillows, fun!

Love these doggies too!

such a beautiful bowl!!

love the sparklies!



I wasn't sure if this was "real" or not! LOL

and then it twitched!

How much is that doggie in the window?? (remember the old song?!)

What's everybody reading? I just finished this one:
It was really good. I knew about Oak Ridge, of course, but hadn't much thought about the YOUNG WOMEN who went to work there, and what it must've been like for them in that era.

Reading this one now and so far it's really good too!
I may read this one next.....guess you can tell I love books set in the 1940s!
.....and I love to read a big stack of magazines....
This picture is in my new Southern Living magazine. Awww, those silky ears, the feet/paws, the fur, the sweet face...reminds me so of our sweet Gypsy. I miss her so. She didn't have any white on her though, her Daddy was  Black Lab and her Mommy was a Border Collie, like this picture. I have to say "no" it's not getting any easier, I have just learned to live with it I suppose, the anniversary of her leaving is coming up in February. So that is definetly on my mind and heart, along with about forty-leven other things as well!

Here's my new owls calender! It's right beside my bed. I was never much "into" owls, but my Ma-Maw was, she loved them. Then about 6 years ago, where we lived, there were so many barred owls in the trees and they would make such a racket at dusk and all night up in the trees! One night we were outside and one big one had been sitting right behind me for quite some time, silently watching us I guess. I turned around and saw it, it was so close! I've been enjoying them ever since!

Hope this post finds every one of y'all well and healthy and happy, beginning off our brand new year!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and an amazing sunset!! I sure enjoy all your walkabouts and the pictures you take time to snap. You are really good about noticing all that is around you!! It's so hard when our pets leave us, we have had our losses too and its hard to think about but at the same time I love to think of the joy and love they gave us. Your'Gypsy sure is a pretty one and I'm not seeing any black lab in her. I have a couple of books I'm reading as well. They are true stories about a man and his Miniature Schnauzers and since I have one myself, I can appreciate his love for them. Beautiful Azaleas!!
    Take care my friend!!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. another great walk with so many beautiful sights to see!! we usually visit the beach on new years too, but this year we both had colds, so we skipped it. the sunset is gorgeous!!!

    i read about black eyed peas on new years on someone else blog put i did not know that, it must be a southern thing!!

    i do remember that song, how much is that doggie in the window!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach, in the winter, always has a special feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found the bluebird of happiness....and more at the beach! I was thinking about a trip to the ocean next week...we'll see! Love the treasures in the big box and all the pretty things you see window shopping. I hope this week is good my friend. I'm thinking about you all the time! Lots of hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sunset photo is spectacular, Debbi, you should print it and frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post and everything in it...my favorite ?...YOU in your teal sweater..
    my mama was a war bride..I am going to order that book.....

    ReplyDelete