"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, July 7, 2023

Holiday weekend

 "Saturday in the Park, I think it was the 4th of July...    Chicago 1972






my John Sloane country calendar

merry 4th of July from Tansy!


my 4th of July shirt and hair bows





I got Fairy Granddaughter these nice little books about our Flag and how it came to be, and how we became the United States. They are little Golden books, so actually way below her reading level, but very nice little books with great pictures plus history to learn, so I went ahead and got them.



















With the bad high heat, and the pretty constant thunderstorms (several daily!), we pretty much stayed indoors for the holiday weekend, except for the outside chores that HAD to be taken care of.

Remember my soft downy little baby chicks I got for Mother's Day? (below)
Rose and Blanche



Well, they've been growing........and growing!


They've grown full feathers, and getting their black and white speckled coats
a few weeks ago

and now............this weekend. (below)

.....and now they are teenagers, and almost ready to be integrated into the big flock!
I'm their Mommy, so I think they are BEAUTIFUL! ha ha LOL


 It was actually nice staying inside----- as we got quite a few small indoor house projects done. These new cabinet knobs had been sitting here for awhile, Mr. Front Porch put them on for me, on the kitchen island.

I have green knobs on the top drawers, and blue on the bottom drawers


Let's head out to the kitchen!

Lots of food to process here on Saturday







Lots of vegetables to wash! And slice and cut and dice.


I froze several big bags of squash.




Beans boiling

......and then I blanched them, and froze them.





and in between thunderstorms, Bindie and Tammie showed off their 4th of July dresses

Bindie Jolene

Tammie Jayne

Last week at the thrift store, I found this pretty painting and fell in love with it! It's kind of a blurry picture, but it's a garden scene and in the middle is a birdcage with a pretty yellow bird in it.

Also got this one with pink and purple flowers.
Found them all thrifting. They are all nicely matted and framed.


So we got them all hung up! Yay!

The sky was cloudy and rainy all day. when the sun DID show, it was hazy. In between storms on the 4th, Mr. Front Porch got us hamburgers and hot dogs grilled. 



"maters" from our garden!


Mr. Front Porch likes ketchup, mustard, and lots of "maters". I like mustard, and lots of onions!
Over the holiday weekend, in the evenings we continued watching our Seasons of Hotel . It's gotten better as the episodes went on and we now know the characters better. (was on tv 1983 to 1988) This series has SO MANY old guest stars!

And we finally watched our Downton Abbey movie that has been sitting her since Christmas, I think? LOL. I think the movie was out in theaters a couple of years ago, and we never got out to see it.
I loved the movie, but I love ANYTHING DOWNTON! lol



Also in the evenings was that big bright Supermoon! I think it was the Buck Moon this time. Was it visible where you live?



I'm off to see and read all about your holiday and your July happenings.
I'm so glad you stopped by! 
Take care, and stay COOL!

3 comments:

  1. Love the books you got for the granddaughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such adorable doggies! Dakota wore bandanas, and you could see on his face that he thought he looked cool....and yes, he did look really cool. My Dakota was an odd bird...I mean dog, but he was my best friend and I loved him so much. Looks like you have enjoyed your 4th. Nothing better than a nice thick burger cooked on the grill. Topped with onions and tomatos. I am not a big cheese on the burger or even pickles....but a good onion makes it great. Love the pictures you found. I know that some folks like the blank, stark walls, I am of the mind, that if there is a blank wall, it needs something on it!! lol I tend to collect knobs...lol, when Hobby Lobby has some on clearance, I will pick up a few and just keep on hand. Problem with that is the ones I have never seem to be what I need at the time and I end up buying what I need at the time. Those are pretty. I love the shape of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so much fun to visit!! I can tell you are loving the country!!! All your vegetables look so good! I am hoping to have a good pumpkin crop this fall and we have some watermelon vines but not much else down here at the camper/cabin.

    We just came in from checking the bees and there will be no honey harvest again this year! The small hive beetles have infested all our hives and have eaten all the spring honey. We will inspect our hives more often from now on. We checked them a month ago and they were fine!
    I didn't wear my gloves today and got one sting on my right hand which will be good for my arthritis. Although I wish it had been on my finger. I may try catching a couple of bees and place them where I hurt the worse!

    ReplyDelete